Saturday, September 21, 2013

Two conversations,

One:

"I think I've even learnt to love myself now"
"How do you know you love yourself?"
"you know what you're good at and feel like you're surrounded by people who care about you"

what does it feel like to love yourself? i realised i've never thought of the question, and i guess i've never known. One day, perhaps.

-

Two (which was more like a talk-response thing rather than a balanced conversation):

- Progression is the path to freedom and humanity
- with chaos comes creativity
- it's a process of tension/resolution that ideally leads to a stage of perfection, of freedom
- to rebel for freedom, is to rebel without an idea in mind - only then will that be complete freedom
- Socrates - true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing. the point is to critique every single thing you're learning.
- the importance of self critique
- and it always ends with, "what is philosophy?". Not of just the logical and rational, but the study of humanity.

-

Feel so glad to be in a place surrounded by people willing to learn. I don't exactly know what saying "knowledge makes me so happy" means, but that is simply it. It is about finding your place; constantly critiquing others' works to know what you believe in. Meanwhile, I'll try to be more well-read myself and contribute to conversations. I don't want to be taking from others all the time, being good at listening is not enough.

No comments: